In order to run Low Priority VMs in your Spotinst account, you first need to connect your Spotinst account to your Azure account and subscription.
Follow this guide in order to add Azure Credentials:
- Create Active Directory Application and Service Principal
Need to create an Active Directory Application and Service Principal for Spotinst. Follow the following Azure guide for instructions - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-resource-manager/resource-group-create-service-principal-portal
- Grant Permissions
Need to grant permissions to Spotinst account with "Contributor" role.
Open your Azure console, Navigate to :
- Select the relevant Subscription
- Access Control (IAM)
- Users tab
- Click on "Add"
- Select "Contributor" role and insert the name of the Service Principal that was created
- Enable Batch service
Navigate to the Subscription page, and click on 'Resource Providers' tab.
Register the Microsoft.Batch provider
- Create Batch Account
Follow this Azure guide for instructions on creating a Batch Account https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/batch/batch-account-create-portal
* Please Note! By default, Azure let you create only 1 batch account per region
Enable Vnet and Custom Images
In case you want to use Vnet and custom images you need to create the Batch Account using the "Batch Service" that requires adding permissions to the Batch Service for the Subscription (included in the above guide)
- Create Spotinst Account
Navigate to your Spotinst Console (or create a new account here)
Enter the following information:
- Client id - The Active Directory application id from step 1
- Client secret - The secret key that was generated for the Active Directory application
- Tenant Id - TheActive Directory id
- Subscription ID - The subscription id
- Domain name - The Active Directory primary domain name
- Batch account URL - The URL for each batch account from step 4 (one per region you want to operate)