The Spotinst Elastigroup integration with EMR clusters can help you quickly clone your existing cluster with Spot instances Task nodes and your choice of Spot or On Demand life cycle for the core nodes. This means you will keep the same Master and Core configuration and the Task nodes while taking advantage of Spot pricing to help you reduce your EMR costs.
How to create a Clone EMR Elastigroup
Step 1 - Create new EMR Elastigroup
- Create a new Elastigroup - from the side menu select "Elastigroups" and click on "create"
- Select the EMR option in the "Setup" Tab and click on "Launch"
- Provide a name for the EMR Elastigroup and select the Region for the Cluster and click "Next"
Step 2 - Configure the Strategy & Compute for EMR Elastigroup
- Select the Clone "Strategy" and provide the Cluster ID you wish to Clone
- Select as many Availability Zones as possible for a widespread deployment, and select the Subnet ID from the drop-down selection for each AZ
- Select the root volume size (Optional)
- Select the Master, Core and Task nodes instance type, life cycle, and Capacity and click "Next"
Step 3 - (Optional) Add Scaling rules to the cluster
Last step! Create the Cluster
Simply review the cluster configuration and click "Create" to launch the new EMR Cluster
All done! your EMR cluster will now be cloned.