The Spotinst Elastigroup integration with EMR clusters can help you quickly Wrap your existing cluster with Spot instances Task nodes. This means you will keep the same Master and Core configuration and the Task nodes will take advantage of Spot pricing to help you reduce your EMR costs.
How to create a Wrap EMR Elastigroup
Step 1 - Create new EMR Elastigroup
- Create a new Elastigroup - from the side menu select "Elastigroups" and click on "create"
- Select the EMR option in the "Setup" Tab and click on "Launch"
- Provide a name for the EMR Elastigroup and select the Region for the Cluster and click "Next"
Step 2 - Configure the Strategy & Compute for EMR Elastigroup
- Select the Wrap "Strategy" and select the Cluster you wish to Wrap from the drop-down selection
- Select the Task nodes instance type, life cycle, and Capacity and click "Next"
Step 3 - (Optional) Add Scaling rules to the cluster
Last step! Create the Cluster
Simply review the cluster configuration and click "Create" to launch the new Task nodes
All done! your EMR cluster will now have Task nodes that you can utilize.