While creating an elastigroup you have the option to import existing resources from your AWS account. This process will collect the resource configuration and will help you create an Elastigroup with the same initial configurations.
- The Elastigroup configuration will be a copy of the initial state of the resource - as created in AWS (with the initial AMI). Any changes made to the Original AMI will not be imported - You can create a new image prior to importing and use that AMI.
- Importing a resource will not terminate or detach any existing resource in your AWS account (unless other wise specified in the import process).
- We currently support importing of Elastic Beanstalk, Auto Scaling Groups, and Single EC2 instances ( single instances only via Creation wizard "IMPORT")
How To import?
You can import via any one of the following:
1. Spot Analyzer (ID)
The spot analyzer shows you potential resources that you can import. You can click on "Start Saving" on any ASG - Autoscaling group, EC2 container service (ECS), Elastic/Application load balancers (ELB / ALB) or Elastic Beanstalk environments.
2. New Elastigroup Setup tab (ID)
While you create an Elastigroup, starting with the Setup tab as the first part of the Creation Wizard. Selecting to create a Web Tier AutoScaling group, EC2 container service (ECS), Elastic/Application load balancers (ELB / ALB) or an Elastic Beanstalk environment will prompt you to import an existing resource from your AWS account. Simply set the region and select the resource from the drop-down menu
3. Creation wizard "IMPORT"
Navigate to the Elastigroup screen and select to create a new Elastigroup via the Create button
This option will allow you to import a single instance based on its ID
In the creation Wizard - skip the Setup Tab and move to the General tab
Then select to import the resource - including the option to import a single instance based on its ID
4. Spotinst Chrome extension
We also offer a great extension for Chrome - allowing you to monitor your Spotinst resources while you are in the AWS console. Additionally, you can Import Auto Scaling Groups directly from the AWS console by "right-clicking" on the ASG you would like to import.