Grafana is an open-source metric analytics & visualization suite, commonly used for visualizing time series data for infrastructure and application analytics.
Spectrum can now be used as a Grafana data source to provide insights & analytics capabilities on monitored resources.
- If you don’t have a Grafana server, install one, using these guides
- Download the plugin here
- Extract the downloaded files to Grafana's plugins folder (Default /var/lib/grafana/plugins)
- Restart the Grafana server service, using the following command:
service grafana-server --full-restart
- Connect to your Grafana console (Default http://<GrafanaServer>:3000)
- The default username and password are admin
- Spotinst Spectrum plugin is now available from your Grafana server
- From the main menu, Click ‘Data Source’
- Click ‘Add data source’
- Fill the Data Source Attributes:
- Name - A name of your choice
- Type - Spotinst-Spectrum
- Token - Enter your Spotinst Token
- To create a token use this link
- Account Id - Enter your spotinst account id
- To locate the Account Id, please login to Spotinst Console, navigate to the account settings and locate the Account ID value.
- Once Spectrum is added as a data source to your Grafana server, you can add custom dashboards containing Spectrum collected data.