Multai load balancer uses Runtime instances as hosts to run the Load Balancers.
We want to allow our users to effortlessly run Runtime Nodes as Elastigroups, that means that the RunTimess will be fully managed by Elastigroups. Using Elastigroups as a workload management solution will also include scaling rules and monitoring for the Runtimes.
To integrate the Elastigroup with Multai please follow these instructions:
Step One - Creating a Deployment and Runtime
Navigate to the Multai Runtime screen and create a deployment
Provide a name for the Deployment That will be a logical container for the Runtimes
After the Deployment is created, click on the Deployment name
Now we can create a new Host for the Runtime by clicking on "Add New Host
This will provide a "user-data" or "cloud-init" script that needs to run on the instances in order to create the Runtime environment.
#!/usr/bin/env bash curl -fsSL http://spotinst-release.s3.amazonaws.com/balancer/runtime/init/linux-init.sh | \ SPOTINST_ACCOUNT_ID=act-1234567 \ SPOTINST_DEPLOYMENT_ID=dp-12345767890\ SPOTINST_TOKEN= \ bash
Note: Verify you add your Spotinst permanent API token to the script
Step Two - Create an Elastigroup
Follow this guide: Creating an Elastigroup while making sure:
- We recommend starting with a Capacity of 2 instances
- We recommend using m3.xlarge or m4.xlarge
- The subnets that you choose will have access to an Internet Gateway
- Inserting the User data script in the "Compute" tab under Additional Configurations
- Selecting the Multai integration in the Integrations section under "Compute" tab and selecting the deployment from the drop down menu
Continue with the group creation and launch you Runtimes!
After the instance finish launching, you should see new hosts under the Deployment Runtime screen!