Start by creating a Spotinst account from signup for a free two-week trial.
From the Spotinst console, you will be given a menu of cloud providers like AWS and GCP.
Follow the instructions to create a trust relationship between Spotinst and your cloud provider. For AWS we have created a Cloud Formation template to simplify this process.
Once this has been configured you can go directly into the Spotinst dashboard and start provisioning new Elastigroups right away.
Common Use cases
- Autoscaling Groups
- Web tiers
- Application Layers (Java, Python, Node, Docker)
- ELB (Elastic Load Balancer) Clusters
- Containers Clusters (ECS, K8S, Mesos, Mesosphere, Rancher, Docker Swarm)
- Batch Processing (Image recognition, R, Monte Carlo algorithms, and more from https://aws.amazon.com/batch/use-cases/ )
- Test/ UAT, Dev (Data persistence, price prediction)
- NoSQL Clusters (Cassandra, Elastic.co, etc…)
- CI/CD environments (Jenkins)
- Console Web UI
- RESTful APIs
- Jenkins Plugin
- AWS Chrome Extension