Welcome to Spotinst! Happy to have you onboard!
This article group should guide you thru setting up your first Elastigroup using the Spotinst Console UI.
In this section, you will find the full overview of your Spotinst account activity.
The Spotinst overview provides a financial and usage information of the entire Spotinst account. It consists of multiple widgets about a number of instances that are managed by Spotinst, running hours, cost and details.
*The default date range will be MTD (Month To Date). You may change this on the top right and toggle between - This Month, 7 Days, 30 Days, 90 Days.
- Running Spot - Number of currently running spot instances
- Spot Hours - Total number of spot instances running hours
- Potential Spot Costs - Displays the cost of running instances if they were running as On-Demand instances
- Actual Spot Costs - Displays the actual cost of your Spot Instances you will be billed for by AWS
- Savings - Percentage of amount saved by running your clusters with Spotinst
- Total Saved - Total amount saved by running your clusters with Spotinst
- Running On-Demand - Number of currently running On-Demand instances
- On-Demand Hours - Total number of spot instances running hours
- On-Demand Costs - Displays the cost of your On-Demand instances
- Mr.Scalers - Total number of running Mr.Scaler clusters
- Elastigroups - Total number of existing Elastigroups
Account geo map
Diversification of your various AWS resources. Displays the running resources on each Region based on its geographical location. We will display the number of resources from each service and a breakdown of how many of them are in use, active or paused. Supported resources: EC2 Instances, Load Balancers, EBS volumes Elastic IPs and S3 buckets in each region.
Top Monthly Spending Breakdown
Displays the total AWS cost breakdown per service
Displays a graph breakdown of On-Demand and Spot Instances hours that are currently managed by Spotinst and the instances count over time.
Reserved Instances Utilization
In case there are Reserved Instances in your AWS account, we will display the utilization per instance type and availability zone.
As utilization patterns change there may be already-paid-for reserved hours left on the table. Use this powerful widget to learn how many reserved Instances are already paid for but not in use. Spotinst offers several great ways to address this scenario by automatically identify and utilized the reservation or sell them in AWS marketplace.
Instance Type Usage
Pie chart count of your running instance types.