This tutorial covers the general creation of an Elastigroup, using an empty template. The Empty Template is Available under Uses Cases in the Creation Wizard. To create an Elastigroup based on an existing workload such as AWS’s Elastic Beanstalk or AutoScaling Groups, select your workload type under Use Cases and import a copy of your workload. To create an Elastigroup from scratch from the Onboarding Wizard select Create an Elastigroup from Scratch.
Step 1: General Settings
- Enter a Name for your Elastigroup and select a Region.
- Add the Target, Minimum and Maximum Capacities for your Elastigroup
Step 2: Compute Settings
- Select your desired VPC to run your Elastigroup in, as well as the Product type and the On-Demand type to use in the event that no Spot Instances are available in your desired markets.
- Select the Availability Zones you’d like Elastigroup to consider when launching your instances. To maximize your savings Elastigroup calculates the cost of launching Spot instances in the selected Availability Zones. We recommend selecting multiple Availability Zones to increase the number of Spot instance markets available for Elastigroup to consider.
- Select the instance types you’d like Elastigroup to consider when launching your instances. We recommend selecting multiple instance types to provide Elastigroup with as many Spot instance market options as possible.
- Choose an Image, Security Groups and (optionally) the Key Pair to use for your instances.
Step 3: Configure Scaling Policies (Optional)
Optionally create a Target Scaling Policy or a Simple Scaling Policy. For more on Scaling with Elastigroup see the documentation here.
Step 4: Review and Create
All that’s left to do is review your settings and launch your Elastigroup!
- Check out the tutorials for Elastigroups supported workloads and integrations.
- Learn more about how Elastigroup works in the General Concepts section.